The End is Nigh...Again! (But this time we really mean it.) Now Published

WHAT THE READERS SAY.

Just wanted to congratulate you on writing the funniest book I've read so far, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a book as much as I enjoyed yours!!


I just want to say that your book is fantastic! and I've never been a jw (just pretended to be one once) :p I have never laughed so much reading a book!! :D


This book is so full of interesting information, once you've started to read the first page, it's very difficult to stop.


Love, Love, Love, the book and your writing style♥ I recommended it to a group of 8 women from Ireland...



I highly recomend Douglas's book......its a thoroughly enjoyable read!! :)



I loved this book........its a great read for any ex witnesses out there......Douglas`s writing style is fabulous and most people here will be able to relate to Dougs upbringing....hilariously funny as well as heart breakingly sad . 5 stars from me




OMG, I nearly just drowned myself in the tub...laughing at your book. My hubby thought I'd gone off the deep end (no pun intended). This is the best fun I've had in a while :D




Hi Douglas! I read your book in one day. I loved it! I laughed a lot at many parts of your story and can relate so much on what it is like to grow up JW. You put it so wonderfully ...




I've just received your book in the post last night. So far I've read 2.5 chapters...Gordon, I am in stitches. So, so funny!!! I love the references at the bottom. I can't help but LOL. My son thinks I'm going crazy :)



Love, love, love the book. The description you give of the creation account in Genisis is hysterical. I especially love the part where you recognise that God must have been a confirmed batchelor.





Wednesday 25 August 2010

Book now available to purchase from Lulu.com

Great news! My book has now been published and made available in paperback format as well as a downloadable ebook. To get your hands on a copy, all you do is click the title of this post or click the icon to the right.
Before you do, however, please take time to read the excerps from my book in the posts below. Its very important to me that you were convinced to buy the book on its own merit.

Here's the book overview:
The End is Nigh...Again is a book like no other. Its palpable enthusiasm literally scoops up the reader and guides them through a hilarious true life tale of a young boy called Douglas who, through no fault of his own, finds himself born into a fundamentalist religion. Discovering quickly that there’s no escape from his weird, nonsensical faith, he begins a quest to invent as many ways as he can to buck the system and to get through life with the least amount of trouble. Unfortunately for him, the harder he tries, the worse things get and the deeper into problems he sinks until finally, having no other option, his church decides to excommunicate him, ridding themselves of what they see as a truly bad apple.
With his tongue firmly in his cheek, Douglas Lee tells the story of his life as a second generation Jehovah’s Witness and of his experiences within this fundamentalist religion. He candidly exposes the web of sin that lies beneath the holier-than-thou facade they present to the world and takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of sex, incest, paedophilia, debauchery, wife swapping and a host of other jaw dropping and highly original sins.

2 comments:

  1. Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's) predicted the end of the world, IN WRITING, numerous times. Not once did they come true. They are known for their false predictions the world over.

    JW's are taught that they alone are True Christians and that all other people not JW will soon be destroyed. This is no exaggeration.

    JW's will allow their children to DIE rather than accept a life saving blood transfusion even in severe medical emergencies.

    JW's used to forbid Vaccinations and Organ Transplants (calling a life saving transplant "Cannibalism") for a combined 33 years.

    JW's enforce extreme shunning for any member that decides to leave their religion or who commits a sin without showing enough repentance in front of the elders.

    Families have been devastated because of these harsh shunning policies. I have literally seen Parents cut off all ties with their children solely because the kid did not want to remain a JW but went in another direction.

    Just a few things people need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a bit of info for any non-JW reading this:

    All JWs carry a suicide card forbidden any doctor in giving them a life saving blood transfusion.

    This screams out cult!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment: